Relationships are hard to build and continue since two individuals try to share a life. In a relationship, there might be times that you do not know what to do or how to react. You try to get advice from the most trusted people around you such as your family members, or your friends. Having a different and objective aspect of your relationship might be helpful for you as long as that advice is realistic. No matter how much your family and friends love you, they might give you misleading advice that can even make the problem worse. Well, there is no way to stop people talking advising you, but you can learn to ignore them for the sake of your relationship. There are some pieces of relationship advice that you need to do nothing but ignore them no matter who gives them to you. Look at our list below and know them not to let people direct you to a wrong path.
1. Your Partner Should Be Your Soulmate If you could find your soulmates and could manage to get into a relationship with them, it would be a great relationship that you would enjoy every second of it. It is not possible for everyone to find their soulmates and live with them like twins. Having partner with your soulmate must be magical and easier in all ways, but do not forget that you can achieve to have a magical relationship with your partner as well with a bit more effort. To build a good relationship, what you need is the love, not the same-colored shirts. As long as you love each other, you can start and continue a pleasing relationship. Do not ignore that fact that you only need to work on it to make it better and better. Ignore that stupid advice instead, or it might cause you to lose your hope on love.
2. Do Not Be Too Picky This advice usually comes with the following phrase of ''or you will stay alone forever''. You do not need to worry about any of these because none them is rational. Being picky is okay. Yes, being too picky is also okay. It means that you have some standards and you do not have time to waste. The reason why you cannot choose someone to start a relationship that easily means that you have some expectations about your partner, and you do not want to risk them. So, do not get stressed over irrational comments about your dating life for no reason. You should keep doing what you think is the best for you. No one else knows what can make you happy and what cannot make you happy better than you do.
3. Do Not Answer Right Away Well, it is the first rule of dating according to the cliches. Probably, people will tell you not to text back to your partner right away. The reason why they advise this is that they think your partner might get bored of you quickly. However, you should ignore it as much as you can because it is no true. If there is an attraction between you, texting too much might even bond you to each other more. So, you do not have to worry about it much and keep texting him whenever you want. Do not let the attraction fade away because of the advice you took from your college friend.
4. Your Friends Should Like Them Well, this is another issue with your friends. Let's get through it together. First of all, it is great if your partner gets along with your friends well. However, there is a possibility that they might not. In this situation, you do not have to have a judgment about the one side too quickly. Your friends might be great people that you have too much fun with. So might your partner. They can be great separately even if they do not like each other. Here is a solution for it. Do not hang out with them together. Meet your friends when you are not on a date with your partner. You should only care about how much your partner makes you happy.
5. You should Not Put Many Efforts Every relationship needs hard work like everything else on earth. How much you and your partner put effort to work your relationship out does not determine the value of it. No matter how much you have in common, both of you need to learn to share a life together and to make sacrifices for each other if necessary. On the contrary to the common belief, working hard on your relationship makes it more valuable. Achieving something together will give you a pleasure that you cannot get from having common interests. Namely, you should go for it and do what you have to do to deserve the real love.
For more articles check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.