Valentine's Day can be the most remembered day in the world, not most celebrated day though. Everyone gets prepared for celebrating Valentine's Day with their partner or getting depressed for not having a partner. Now, Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and you still have not any plans. You have not done any plans because you do not have a partner and you want to spend Valentine's Day depressed and hating couples. Well, you will not. No one is allowed to get depressed because they do not a partner this year. Valentine's Day is quite a special day for everyone, especially when you have a partner. Yes, having someone you love is very very special, and it is worth to celebrate. However, it does not mean you need to spend your Valentine's Day with your partner or your bae. It is a day to celebrate love so you can spend the day with someone you love like your best friend or your mom or your pet, or alone. You do not even have to celebrate Valentine's Day at all. You can just ignore Valentine's Day and stick up to your usual plans on that day. No matter what you do on Valentine's Day, there is just one thing that you should remember. You could not care less about not having a bae the whole year, why would you get upset about the fact on that day, only on that day? We both know you will not care about it next day. Being single is awesome, too. So, stop spreading the hatred to the couples and plan a great Valentine's Day for yourself. Here are some ideas on how to spend Valentine's Day for singles, singles only.
1. Spoil Yourself If you do not have a bae, but still you want to feel special on Valentine's Day, you can make yourself feel special like no one else. One of the best things to do is to spoil yourself not to feel bad on Valentine's Day. Have some quality time that you have been looking for in your busy schedule. You can go to a spa and relax while having a fancy massage. Maybe you would rather be in your bae's arms than being in a spa but do not forget that you will be in safe hands. After the refreshing spa, you might want to get a manicure, a sparkly one. If you do not want to go out and see all the signboards covered with Valentine's Day sales, you can spend your quality time at home as well. You can take a long and nice bath, take care of your hair and make a delicious dinner for yourself. You know what? Do not prepare dinner yourself, order because you deserve it. And enjoy it with a nice glass of wine.
2. Shop We all know that nearly every shop and brand have special sales and discounts for Valentine's Day because we see it on every billboard for the whole month of February. Instead of getting depressed and avoiding the billboards, go out, choose the best sale and take advantage of Valentine's Day sales as much as you can. Even if there is no sale on the product you want to buy, just buy it. Nothing heals a broken heart like shopping. Stop wishing to fall in love with someone on, fall in love with a really nice dress. Believe me, no one could make you feel special or fit you better than that dress. After you shop, you will realize that Valentine's Day is not that bad.
3. Spend Some Family Time You should either ignore the whole day of February 14th or accept being alone and celebrate Valentine's Day with the real loved ones, with your family. It will make you feel better than spending the day alone at your apartment eating ice-cream out of the box. You can have a nice dinner with your family and enjoy your mom's recipe. You will feel the real love, relax and enjoy the holiday. Just forget about being single and spend time with your family. Thanks to Valentine's Day holiday, you will finally have the chance to see your parents.
4. Go Out With Your Friends If nothing works for you on Valentine's Day not to get upset, your friends will. Call your best friends and plan a crazy night out with your squad. Dress up, put some makeup on and go out for a fancy dinner with your friends. After having a nice dinner, you can go to a bar and get drunk. If you do not have the chance to meet very often, this could be one of the best night-outs. I am sure you will not even remember that it is Valentine's Day after taking a few shots. Bar-hopping can help you better if you have a strong memory.
5. Stay At Home With Your Friends If you do not want to see couples or celebrations in any of the restaurants you go, it is better you stay at home and avoid all the signs of Valentine's Day. If you feel upset and lonely because you are single, you should call and invite your friends over. You can make dinner for yourselves and open a nice bottle of wine. If you want to make that night fun, you can organize a game night with your friends as well. You can play video games or board games having a lovely time with the most special people for you. You can also watch a movie or start watching a new series together. Just be careful not to choose a romantic movie or series while avoiding all the Valentine's Day stuff. Even if none of the things on the list works, just remember it is only a day and enjoy the single life.
---- For more articles check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.