The 90th Academy Awards came to its conclusion only a day ago. We have witnessed many funny moments during the ceremony as well as woman empowering moments. And there is also a movie that we should mention. The Shape of Water won four awards yesterday and it was the nominee for many more. It is a great movie with an unusual love story that can make melt everyone's heart. Now that we all got in the mood of romance because of the last Oscar Awards, I think we should stay under the blanket and keep watching more. So, here you can find a list of the most romantic Oscar winner movies. You can lay on the couch and watch all of them even without giving a break with your partner. You can have a romantic movie date with your partners using this list, feeling the romance to your bones. You can even cry watching these romantic movies, but at least you will have someone to hug when you do.
1. Titanic Titanic might be the most well-known romantic movie of all time. Titanic won eleven Oscars. The movie starring Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio was directed by the famous director James Cameron. The movie, Titanic is a fictional movie that was inspired by real events. The main characters of the movie are ''Rose'' (Kate Winslet) and ''Jack'' (Leonardo Dicaprio). Rose is a high-class teenager whose mother forces her to marry a wealthy and noble man. Jack is a poor low-class artist, on the other hand. They meet on the enormous ship, Titanic and they fall in love no matter how inappropriate this is for Rose's mother and fiancee. The couple goes through many things during their travel on the ship. And the movie has a dramatic end that will make you cry for hours. I will not tell anything more about the ending because I do not want to spoil it for you if you have not watched it yet.
2. The Notebook The Notebook is another well-known and liked romance movies of all time. This movie has fans around the world. However, many people think the movie is based on the cliches only. No matter what, The Notebook has the Academy Award that we all fancy. Our main characters are ''Allie'' starred by Rachel McAdams and ''Noah'' starred by Ryan Gosling. The young couple meets at a carnival, and they fall in love. However, Allie has a wealthy family who is against this love affair because Noah is a poor young boy. Despite Allie's mother's cruel attempts to stop them seeing each other, they try to stay together. You will see if they can manage to keep this love alive or not after watching it.
3. The Reader It is no secret that we are all Kate Winslet fans, so the third romantic movie we chose is again one of her movies. The Reader is not a classic love story that the plot develops around a rich girl and a poor boy like the other two. There are two main characters in this movie as well. The one is Ralph Fiennes starring as ''Michael Berg''. The other one is Kate Winslet starring as ''Hanna Schmitz''. The Reader won only one Oscar, but I think this movie deserves more. In this love story, our couple has a big age gap between each other. They try to overcome such obstacles as their relationship continues. However, something shocking happens at some point which changes the fates of the characters. I highly recommend you to watch this. It will give a different perspective of love.
4. La La Land Six Oscar winner movie, La La Land was written and directed by Damien Chanzelle. You will see Ryan Gosling as ''Sebastian'' and Emma Stone as ''Mia'' in the movie. La La Land is a love story of an actress (Mia) and a musician (Sebastian). The couple meets when they are struggling with the city life in Los Angles. The movie focuses on the modern life and real-life struggles and obstacles that the characters come across. Now that the movie has the musical scenes, you can enjoy it more. It is a modern love story that you can relate easily. La La Land will surely give you a more joyful mood than the other movies.
5. The Shape of Water The Shape of Water was the star of the 90th Academy Awards night without a doubt. Sally Hawkins is starring as ''Elisa Esposito'' in the movie directed by Guillermo del Toro. The Shape of Water won those Oscars for a reason, of course. And this reason is that the movie has the most unusual love story for me. Well, Elisa works in a top-secret governmental company whose experiments form an amphibious creature. Elisa falls in love with that creature and tries to rescue the creature from the practices that the company does. The Shape of Water is a movie that will make you think about your perception of love again.
These are the most romantic Oscar winner movies that we have chosen for you. You will definitely like them whether you find them unusual, interesting or hear-warming. I advise you to grab your popcorns as well as your blankets and enjoy the high-quality production movies. You might even feel so lucky to have your beloved near you watching the movie after seeing the couples struggling with separation. Try not to cry a lot because they are all fictional, anyway and have fun.
For more articles check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.