Fun & Cheap First- Date Ideas- First dates are hard to crack, from start to end they are stressful and full of pressure. We wanted to decrease some of that pressure by compiling a fun list of places you can go for your first date.
1. Cheer for a sports team- Go to a game, and cheer together. It doesn't have to be one of the major league games. Look for fair priced games or minor league games, and you will have fun no matter what.
2. Peruse a bookstore- If you two are book nerds, going to a bookstore could be a great first date idea. You can show your favorite books to each other and find some great books to read together. You can even get the same book and read it together. You will have more to discuss later on.
3. People watch- Finding a bench, sitting together and people watching can be very inspiring. However, this depends on your date's personality and their expectations. Make sure you check with them first, so it is not a surprise for them. They may not enjoy it if they have different expectations.
4. Coffee shop- This is a classic for a reason. It is basic, fun and not too time-consuming. You can sit, talk and enjoy getting to know each other. If you are not into the date, you can leave early after one coffee. You may stay longer by grabbing another cup of coffee.
5. Walk a dog together- This is a great first date idea, only if both of you love dogs. If you do love dogs, then it will be a chill and fun date. Also, hanging out with a dog is awesome anyways.
6. Go to a brewery- This is a fun activity, and you will learn something by the end of your date. At least you will enjoy some ciders and beers.
7. Take a wine-tasting tour- Wine tasting is always fun, you get to learn and drink different kinds of wine. Tours usually don't last too long so if you are not that interested in your date by the time the tour ends you can just bail. If things do go well, you can buy a wine bottle and take the conversation outside.
8. Head to the zoo- Zoos are always excellent first date spots because they are always pleasant. Zoos are perfect because you will have interesting discussions and you will be in a public place. You get to look at animals, hang out and walk around. Petting zoos are much better if you can find one around you. You get too feed the animals and pet them.
9. Play some arcade games- Arcade games have always been fun, even as kids. Now in places like Dave and Busters, you can grab something to drink at the bar, if you are hungry eat at the restaurant and play the arcade games and free your inner child with your date.
10. Hit up a karaoke bar- Karaoke bars are awesome when getting to know people, you are singing, you are all embarrassing yourselves together and having extreme fun. You can talk in between and laugh together.
11. Ice skating- Fun outdoor activities are always your best bet for a first date, and ice skating will always be entertaining. Falling together will build a connection between you right from the start.
12. Head to Aquarium- Just like zoos, aquariums are great places to learn more about animals, explore and have fun.
13. Take Dancing Lessons- Learning something together can be fun, and dancing is always an intimate experience, so it's a great way to start a date.
14. Go Bowling- A little competition and lots of fun is a great recipe for fun. However, if it is just the two of you, the game can get boring. Going on a double date or going with friends can make it more fun for all the parties. Going with friends will also decrease the pressure of a first date.
15. Head to a theme park- Amusement parks are fun, Going on roller coasters together can make your bond stronger and allow you to get to know each other and enjoy your time together. Adrenaline will make you both happy, and you will always remember that date as a pleasant memory.
No matter where you decide to go for your first date, make sure there is enough place to have a conversation and enough distractions so you don't have to talk none stop.
For more articles check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.