We have talked about Dating spots and where to go on a first date previously. However, we also have to discuss some date spots to avoid at any cost. This article is here to remind you, what these places are and why you should dodge them.
- Any dinner with messy or foreign foods You might want to try some different cuisines, and that is indeed beautiful. You really should try different things and try other culture's cuisine. But do not forget this is your first date with this person you like and you do not want to learn how to eat in a certain way when you are trying to get to know someone. Leave learning about a different culture when you have learned enough about each other. Also, this will be hard for the other person as well. They will want to impress you, and they can't if they are unsure how to eat their dinner. Same goes for messy foods. Just eat it another time.
- Too crowded places Do meet at public places that is what we said and we stand by it. Your safety comes first, but make sure it is not a concert or some other very crowded place where you cannot hear each other. On your first date, you will want to be able to have a conversation and hear each other out. Examples of crowded places to avoid include concerts, nightclubs, family reunions, sports events, etc.
-Movies On your first date, you meet up to get to know each other. Going to the movies is counteractive to this purpose. You will be sitting in the dark and not talking for two hours. That is a tremendous misuse of a first-date. If you two have been dating for a while, going to the movies is awesome; you can both hold hands and enjoy the movie together. You need to go to a first date where you can have fun and talk to each other to get to know each other.
-Bowling Bowling is a fun activity, where you can talk and have fun at the same time. So what can go wrong? Bowling is indeed fun when there are groups of people competing. If there is only the two of you, that game is bound to end before you can get the chance to properly talk. You will probably take turns to play so when one of you is waiting the other is playing. Meaning there was absolutely no time to chat.
- Group activities with your friends Your date is there to meet you, not your friends and not the silly you who behaves like you did when you were in middle school. Also, your date would feel uncomfortable being under that much pressure. Now she doesn't just have to impress you, but also your friends.
- Double date A double date with your homie and his long-term girlfriend can make a very awkward first date. Again they are there to meet you and not your friends. Also, you will not be able to get to know each other properly if there are others on your date. Besides, when your friend is intimate with his long-term girlfriend, you and your date will both feel awkward about the whole situation. There will also be the pressure and expectations from this first date turning into a relationship.
-Netflix and chill No matter what your expectations were, there is only one meaning behind a Netflix & Chill date. It means that you are not serious about this date and you just want something casual. Shows that you did not even put an effort to leave your house. If she is not on the same page, she will probably cancel on this date.
-Family gatherings You should stay away from including family on your first date. This is a family gathering, and your first date should not be put into this kind of pressure. Your family will have expectations from both of you, and that kind of pressure is not good on a first date. You are going on a first date to see if you like each other, not to talk about marriage with your dates aunt. Leave meeting the family when you actually know and love each other.
- Your birthday party or dinner All the attention will be on you, and you will not be able to get to know each other. All your friends will be there, and we talked about meeting a group of friends on a first date. Beyond that, you do not want to babysit your date when you are there to have fun with your friends on your birthday. It is not fair to anyone, so just find another day to ask them out on a date.
- A wedding Again too crowded, family, friends, and expectations. All the no-nos combined in one date so avoid at all costs. Even though you have to show up that wedding single, do not bring someone just for the sake of bringing someone. Do yourself and your partner a favor and just don't.
-Camping Not everyone likes camping and being inside nature so be aware of this. Even if you bet at a camping retreat and you both might love it the first date might not make the best place for camping. You do not want to be alone in a dark and empty place, don't want to spend that much time on the first date and might not want to look awful without a shower or basic amenities for your first date. You can go on camping trips later on, but for your first date, we would recommend to keep it short, basic and quiet enough to hear what each other are saying, but not all alone by yourselves.
For more articles check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.