As you might know, everyone gets a sad face when they learn that you are single. Is it because being single means that you are cursed or damned? I don't think so. Most of the people think that being single is something sad because they have wrong conceptions about being single. Besides, they get the feeling that the singles also do not like being single or it is not their decision to be single. They are not aware of the fact that a person might not want a relationship for some time or forever. It is not a curse to be a single. It is a choice. Maybe, some people get the same wrong conceptions about themselves when they are single because of the common belief. However, let me explain what these conceptions are and why they are wrong. Then you will see there is nothing you are missing except a Valentine's Day gift.
1. If You Are Single, You are Undesirable Wrong. A person's current relationship status cannot determine his/her charm. Apparently, that person does not want to be in a relationship, or that person could find anyone she/he likes. If you are single too, stop worrying about your physical appearance or your characteristics as a person. You are fine. It might take some time for you to realize that actually, you are the one who does not want to commit a relationship. Being attractive can change from one person to another. It is quite a subjective matter to have a certain idea. Namely, you might not be attractive for some, but there are still millions of people who would find you attractive in the whole world.
2. If You Are Single, There is Something Wrong With You Wrong again. There might be hundreds of reasons why you are single and having something wrong with you is not one of them. You might be a great person, but you might not have found a person that you trust or you like. Consequently, it does not mean anything other than you are just single. Just try to stay away from that kind of thoughts because they will only make you suspect yourself and decrease your confidence.
3. If You Are Single, You Are Lonely Even a person in a relationship has friends and family. Why would not you have any friends or family? So, it is wrong to think in that way. It might even be the reason why you are single. If you can get enough love from your family and friends, you might not need any more of it. You might be having more fun with your friends than you do in a relationship with a partner only. You should just do what you want to do no matter what traditional beliefs are. Keep going to the parties with your friends, get drunk and have fun instead of going on a boring dinner date with your partner every day if you want.
4. If You Are Single, You Are Currently Looking For A Partner There is no way that a person can lo9ok for a partner all the time. It is tiring and time-consuming, so you can not just spend all your time looking around and trying to find an attractive person to be in a relationship with him/ her. There is also another possibility that you might not be in a relationship for the time being. Of course, no one thinks about that possibility. They just pity you because you are single without knowing how much you enjoy being single. You should just keep enjoying your single life and try not to hear those misconceptions about your own life.
5. If You Are Single, You will Always Be Single People usually have a specific idea of something, and they never expect it to change. So, people around you might think that you will stay as a single person forever. Of course, there is no such thing. The moment you find the one for you, you will no longer be single. Other misconceptions of being single might direct people in a wrong way too. If they think you have a problem and it is the reason why you are single, they might think it is reasonable for you to be single. It might even be true, but don't forget about a tiny detail that you are single not because no one likes you. You are single because you haven't found the one, or you just do not want a relationship. To show people that they are wrong about these thoughts, you should not be unhappy about it. Just smile as much as you can and keep enjoying your life going to the parties wither with your friends or alone. Show everyone how happy you are as the person you are.
For more articles check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.