First of all, you need to make sure she is available and single. If she is on a dating app such as Tinder, Badoo, OkCupid, Waplog etc. you already have a great start- she is single and there to go on dates. You can read our blog post about what and how to write your first message here. Once you start messaging, you should ask questions to get to know her, find commonalities, tease her and do not be pushy about anything. Now, let's go in depth about how you can ask her out.
1. Nice guys finish last (NOT) - There is a saying that goes as "nice guys finish last" however, there is a misunderstanding. In reality, girls do like nice guys, who treat them well. But before you start complaining, let us explain. If you start showing us constant attention, never disagree with us and shower us with everything we ever wanted well that will get intimidating. We will have no choice but to friendzone you because we didn't have time to think things through. Also, it makes us feel uncomfortable and scared. Women don't want to feel like they will shatter your world when they reject you. On another note, if you are nice just because you want to go on a date, there is a very deep-seated problem and girls can see right through it. No matter how much you complain and blame girls and say you are single because girls like bad boys it's not us it's you. Just be genuine and not pushy.
2. Attraction has an expiration date- Ask her out as soon as you realize you want to go on a date. The attraction has an expiration date, and you should ask her out before it starts to fade off. On dating apps, however, it is a little different. You both matched, so it means you both have a mutual attraction right? Well, even then you shouldn't open up a message with a date offer. Men underestimate the importance of comfort. Before women can decide that you are not a serial killer or a sociopath they need to talk to you and feel out the vibe you are giving. Before we can physically feel comfortable, we need to feel emotionally comfortable. Which is only possible by, talking and asking questions in a relaxed environment. The problem is you need to find the right moment to ask them out on a face to face date. Most people say 5-7 messages are enough, but that can vary depending on your conversation.
3. Don't go over the board- When asking out a woman on text or in real life, make sure to be relaxed and chill. You don't want to make it seem like a big deal because it will just be intimidating for them and reject you. Make her feel comfortable and effortless enough for her to come out and get to know you.
4. Chill & Relaxing First date- On an "Introductory first-date" don't suggest a "fun" activity because she may not be interested. Even though she is interested in you if she rejects the date you may take it personally and lose that chance. So go on a relaxing mainstream date such as grabbing a coffee or getting ice cream. You want your date to be in a public place so she can feel safe, but also quiet enough so you can hear each other out.
5. Be Prepared- When asking her out, don't assume anything and do not make it a big deal. It can go either way, just be prepared for both answers. When she says yes, don't get overly excited and start talking about the upcoming date. If the response is negative, don't be dramatic about it. Just be okay with it and move on. There are plenty of matches on Waplog, and you will find someone for yourself.
6. Be confident- Women love men who display confidence, so when you are asking her out, be direct and confident. "We should grab a drink or a bite to eat sometime this week."
"I'm going to X this Friday. would you like to join me?"
" You have never had Thai food? Well, then we should get some Thai food together. I know the perfect place we can go, are you free this Friday?"
All of these are great examples when asking a girl out on a date. Be straightforward, confident and keep it short. Make sure there is no way she can misinterpret what you are asking.
*Lastly, no matter what she doesn't owe you anything, may it be a date or anything else. Even if you bought her a drink, helped her carry things or were just nice- she does not owe you anything at all.*
For more articles check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.